1. How did the height you estimated your rocket would reach compare with the actual
– It didn’t go high I though will be.
2. What do you think might have caused any differences in the height you achieved?
– The rocket didn’t go as high I thought will be, it will be different when I make the payload smaller and put more tape so the egg is secured.
3. Did your rocket launch straight up? If not, why do you think it veered off course?
– It did go straight up but the payload is to big and it didn’t not secured the egg.
4. Do you think that this activity was more rewarding to do alone? Would you have preferred to do it in groups? Why or why not?
– I would prefer to do it with partner and it will be helpful to make more ideas with a partner, it will be less harder to do a rocket with partner rather than to do it alone.
5. Did you adjust your model rocket at all? How? Do you think this helped or hindered
– I need to adjust the payload and the top of the rocket.
6. How do you think the rocket would have behaved differently if it were launched in a
– its harder to launch from earth because the gravity of the earth its much stronger than gravity on the moon.
7. What safety measures do you think engineers consider when launching a real rocket? Consider the location of most launch sites as part of your answer.
– The engineers would go to a remote location and make sure spectators are so far away, that the smoke the rocket produces would not be able to reach the spectators. also, the launch pad would be heat resistant and the rocket would have to be designed well.
8. When engineers are designing a rocket which will carry people in addition to cargo, how
do you think the rocket will change in terms of structural design, functionality, and
– It will be less drag because the weight of people.
9. Do you think rocket designs will change a great deal over the next ten years? How?
– yes because of spaceEX they will attempt to colonize mars and maybe other planents.
10. What tradeoffs do engineers have to make when considering the space/weight of fuel
vs. the weight of cargo?