My name is Didi Dimitrova and I came from Pitt River Middle School. This is my first year at Riverside and I am excited to meet new people and to get to know the teachers better! I have a younger brother and my family moved from Bulgaria when I was 3! I enjoy many things but I love sports, reading and listening to music. I am very outgoing and love to be around people!!!
About Me Page
Favorite Quote: ” You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one”-Unknown
Favorite YouTube Clip:
My favourite website is anything that is related to books, clothes and shopping in general!
History of Your Birthday:
I share the same birthday as Elvis Presley, David Bowie, Noah Cyrus and Steven Hawking. Monaco gains independence and Jews are expelled from Genoa, Italy.
Blog – Tasks
Task 1 – Customize Your Blog Theme: You are going to personalize your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes, located on the left hand side of the screen. Choose a theme that is mobile friendly, and apply it.
For more detailed information how to customize your blog’s Appearance and Theme click here.
Task 2 – Customize Your Blog Appearance: You are going to personalize the appearance of your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize, located on the left hand side of the screen.
1 ) Site Identity – This is where you can edit the title of your blog. Please choose an appropriate title, that does not have both your first and last name in it. You can also edit your tagline. Your tagline is a very short sentence that gives the viewer a snapshot about you and your blog.
2) Colors – Edit the color scheme of your blog.
3) Header Image – This is where you can add and change the picture that is being used in your header.
4) Background Image – This is where you can adjust your background image.
5) Menus – You can create multiple menu structures. For simplicity, lets stick to 1. Make sure you select Menu Location -> Primary Menu -> About Me. Then click Save. This will ensure your menu stays the same, even after adjusting the theme.
6) Widgets – Locate and see all the widgets on your blog.
7) Static Front Page – Front Home Page Display is set to -> Static Page and Front Page is set to -> About Me
Task 3 – Your First Post: You are now going to create your very first post. At the top of the Dashboard -> New -> Posts.
2) Body – This is where you place your content of the post – text, videos, pictures, etc. Write a short paragraph about what you are excited about for this upcoming year at Riverside. What are some things you want to get involved with? How will you become a part of the Rapid Nation?
3) Tool Bar – In your toolbar you can Add Media and Add Documents into your posts, this is the best way to create visual representations. You can also change fonts, hyperlink, etc.
4) Publish – Here is where you control what items are public and private. You can also control when they are published to your website.
5) Categories – Here is where you choose where you want your post to go. This is your digital binder with all of your subjects. Categorize -> Portfolio.
6) Tags – Here is where you create tags, these tags can help you find things quicker on your blog and help you stay organised. Tag -> Portfolio.
7) Publish – When you are done! Publish it.