- What was your goal?
My goal was to be able to successfully dunk in basketball.
- Did you achieve it? How or how not?
Yes, I achieved it a week ago from staying active, training my legs, stretching before running and attempting multiple times.
- What was the most challenging part of achieving your goal?
The most challenging part of achieving my goal was to successfully make a clean dunk.
- What would you do differently next time?
I would stretch a lot more next time because I have pulled my hamstring off rushing my stretches before.
- Will you continue with this type of goal? If you do, explain what you will do. If not, explain why you are satisfied with where you are at.
Yes I want to continue with my goal till I become comfortable dunking. I will keep maintaining the same routines that I do right now currently.
- McDonald’s child size pop = 354.882 ml serving size, 28g of sugar
- McDonald’s small size pop 444 ml of serving size, 39g of sugar
- McDonald’s medium size pop 609 ml of serving size, 52g of sugar
- McDonald’s Large size pop 890 ml of serving size, 82g of sugar
- Gatorade, 591 ml of serving size, 32g of sugar
- Red bull, 59 ml of serving size, 2g of sugar
- Nestea iced tea, 570 ml of serving size, 8g of sugar
- Froot by the foot, 21 ml of serving size, 9g of sugar
- Hershey’s, 43 ml of serving size, 24g of sugar
- McDonald’s Junior chicken sandwich, 132 ml of serving size, 3g of sugar
- Kit Kat bar, 42 ml of serving size, 82g of sugar
My object I made was a minecraft head out of plastic. The one on the left is the first we put before the oven, and the right one is after it came out of the oven. They both looked the same only the sizes changed after being in the oven by 77.5%. It had the same shape also but it curled after it was in the oven and same as for people next to me had theirs curled after in the oven. the piece of plastic was very hot after it was in the oven. If I could change one thing for my plastic If i redid it, I would’ve probably put some color on.
1. Where was Sam McGee’s hometown?
Sam McGee’s hometown is in Tennessee.
2. Why was Sam traveling in the Arctic?
He was traveling in the Arctic because there was a lot of gold there.
3. What was the last request that Sam made to Cap?
“You’ll cremate my last remains.
Sam’s last request was to be cremated.
4. How did Cap feel about his promise after some time had passed?
Cap felt like he regretted after a while.
5. What happened to Cap’s sled dogs? How did this make things worse for Cap?
The dogs had to be fed and they started to get tired, this turned out bad for him which made the route harder and longer.
6. Why was Cap unable to cremate Sam’s remains in the wilderness?
He couldn’t cremate Sam’s remains because he didn’t have anything to burn.
7. Where did Cap ultimately cremate Sam’s remains?
Cap cremated his remains in a furnace.
8. Hours after placing Sam’s body in the goiler, Cap looked inside. What did he see?
When he looked into the furnace, he saw Sam and he was oddly alive and they started talking to each other.
The Cremation of Sam McGee
Critical Thinking Questions
Complete these questions on your own and in full sentences.
1. You know that theme is the message the author wants you, the reader, to walk away from this poem with. What is the message/theme Robert Service is trying to share with you? Be able to support your theme with evidence from the poem.
I think that the theme of the story is to never give up and to trust your friends, because Cap could’ve died or even not cremated his friend’s body. But he didn’t , and now he had gotten the gold.
2. What does this passage mean to you, “In the days to come, though my lips were dumb, in my heart how I cursed that load!”
This passage means that he is getting fewer days and his lips are numb from the cold.
3. In your opinion, why didn’t Cap go back on his promise? Sam would have never known!
I think Cap did not go back on his promise, because he was his friend.
4. What really happened when Cap opened that boiler? Did he really see the ghost of Sam? Was he hallucinating? What do you think, and why do you think this?
I think he was hallucinating because he hasn’t seen a human in days and he saw his friend.
Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch