We welcome Mr. Mills to our class – he will be furthering our understanding of the Holocaust.
Students will be learning about the key political events of the 1920s that moved Canada closer to autonomy from Britain. Complete the following activity in preparation for the essay next week.
While students are working individually I will call upon each student to review the sample paragraph and provide feedback in preparation for the essay.
- Review Economic Change in the 1920s worksheet
- The 1920s was a time of change for workers – they fought for and gained rights in the workplace, but not without challenges from business owners and government. Today you’ll learn more about the Winnipeg General Strike
a) Video intro
b) Causes, events, and outcomes of the WGS
Winnipeg General Strike chart (FORM)
Winnipeg General Strike chart
HOMEWORK: Complete chart on the WGS
- 20 minute paragraph write
We’ve been focussing on continuity and change in society in the 1920s; now let’s look at the economy of Canada at this time.
At the end of the block we will review the WWI unit test and your artifact projects will be handed back.
HOMEWORK: Complete worksheet on Canada’s Changing Economy in the 1920s
- Video introduction on “Historical Significance”
- Using the criteria for Historical Significance, analyze women gaining the right to vote and the Persons Case.
- Once you have brainstormed, work on your paragraph outline.
HOMEWORK: Complete paragraph outline and bring to class tomorrow for in class write!
- HW check and review 2 worksheets on society in the 1920s
- What was life like for women in the 1920s? How much continuity and change was evident?
Test day! Please have a pencil, eraser, and pen ready. Good luck!
When you are finished:
- Complete the worksheet you started yesterday on Social Change in the 1920s
- Complete this activity on Minority Groups in the 1920s. Complete the reading in the text then determine if each statement is an example of continuity or change. You will need to rely upon your knowledge from SS9 and what we’ve discussed so far in SS10 to help you decide.
HOMEWORK: Complete 2 worksheets on society in the 1920s
Create a new folder within Socials 10 called “Interwar Period” and download the following:
Canada’s role and contributions in WWI will shape the nation’s political, social, and economic development in the Interwar Period.
We’ll begin by focussing on the SOCIAL change that occurred in the 1920s – a time period as known as the “Roaring ’20s”.
- Prezi intro
- Social change in the 1920s
Social Changes in the 1920s (FORM)
Social Changes in the 1920s
HOMEWORK: Study for WWI unit test tomorrow!