The activity we did with the class was there was a town with a very wealthy family that could dictate how and what happened to a lot of the other families. An example of how they could dictate what happened was they got rid of their gardener and that decrease another families monthly income so then they had to change up their ways of living because they were no longer making as much money. The core competency this related to was critical thinking for me because I was given the family with a lot of money and power, and I could dictate what happened to the other families. I would take out what I didn’t think was important to my family but it was important to another family so I would have to think about what I was doing first.
The resources I am researching is water.
The questions I will be researching and asking people in my survey is:
- How many people live in your household?
- How many times a week would you say you use your washing machine?
- How many times a week would you say you use you dishwasher
- How do you personally define an ethic of care – The way people respond and take action to different things they care/are passionate about.
- What would be needed to create an ethic of care? – Time and effort are needed for an ethic of care to be carried out on something.
- What would we have to believe about the environment to care for it? How should we see it? – We would need to believe that we can help it and fix it and we should see it as one of the most important things to man kind.
- How would we act if we cared about the environment? Give scenarios – We would act like its our newborn child that we constantly take care of it, watch it and give it whatever it needs/wants.
- What would be different about the world if everyone adopted this ethic of care towards the environment? Benefits and drawbacks? -The environment would be better off because its taken care of better. The drawbacks is the trade off it takes from other things like driving your car everyday or eating beef, we can give these up to better the environment but it takes away from our personal enjoyment.
- Should we adopt an ethic of care towards the environment? – We definitely should because without it and we keep treating it poorly the world will be destroyed and we won’t be able to revive it.
In Pre Calculus 12 we just finished the transformation unit. This unit has helped my improve my critical thinking, this happened when I had to pay attention closely to where the translation, reflection or stretch was so that I could apply it to the function. I would have to focus and remember if the number was placed in a certain place in the function it meant something specific and I would need to figure what it was so that I could correctly do that question, this took a lot of practice and focus. My creative thinking skills improved this unit because I would have to problem solve when I didn’t understand something and would think about it in a different way so I would be able to. My communication skills improved this unit as well when I would go into class early and ask Mr Muro questions or when I would ask my classmates questions or clarification on questions or concepts.