- How do you personally define an ethic of care – The way people respond and take action to different things they care/are passionate about.
- What would be needed to create an ethic of care? – Time and effort are needed for an ethic of care to be carried out on something.
- What would we have to believe about the environment to care for it? How should we see it? – We would need to believe that we can help it and fix it and we should see it as one of the most important things to man kind.
- How would we act if we cared about the environment? Give scenarios – We would act like its our newborn child that we constantly take care of it, watch it and give it whatever it needs/wants.
- What would be different about the world if everyone adopted this ethic of care towards the environment? Benefits and drawbacks? -The environment would be better off because its taken care of better. The drawbacks is the trade off it takes from other things like driving your car everyday or eating beef, we can give these up to better the environment but it takes away from our personal enjoyment.
- Should we adopt an ethic of care towards the environment? – We definitely should because without it and we keep treating it poorly the world will be destroyed and we won’t be able to revive it.
In Pre Calculus 12 we just finished the transformation unit. This unit has helped my improve my critical thinking, this happened when I had to pay attention closely to where the translation, reflection or stretch was so that I could apply it to the function. I would have to focus and remember if the number was placed in a certain place in the function it meant something specific and I would need to figure what it was so that I could correctly do that question, this took a lot of practice and focus. My creative thinking skills improved this unit because I would have to problem solve when I didn’t understand something and would think about it in a different way so I would be able to. My communication skills improved this unit as well when I would go into class early and ask Mr Muro questions or when I would ask my classmates questions or clarification on questions or concepts.