3 things you will do to stay safe at work
- I will ask the employer about the hazards of my job. Then I will make sure that I am given health and safety orientation and training for the job.
- If I am not sure about how to use a tool at work I will ask someone who knows how to deal with the instead of risking my safety.
- I will inspect all the equipments to make sure it is safe to use it.
2 things you will do to keep other safe at work
- If I see a hazard that could hurt someone, I would inform someone else to deal with it unless it is safe to deal with it myself.
- Help someone if they are doing something that could end up hurting someone else
Mark’s story resonated with me the most, because I knew someone who had an incident at a mill. I can learn from accident to not be careless at work and only do the things that I am trained to be doing.