One of my favorite projects that we did in wood work was the cutting board. You had to make your own cutting board with a good inlay , and we had to be really creative on how to make this look better. For my project I decided to use 4 different types of wood to make it look rustic and good.
One of the projects that I am really proud of in my wood work class is the band saw box . This was the first project that we ever did and was exciting for me to learn something new , but also I had to be really creative in making the box and be really accurate with everything to make it look good and it turned pretty good. And I am really happy about it.
Create-a-District-Assignment done don
- Where was Sam McGee’s hometown?
Sam McGee’s hometown was Plumtree Tennessee.
- Why was Sam traveling in the Arctic?
Sam went looking for gold
- What was the last request that Sam made to Cap?
Sam last request was to cremate his last remains.
- How did Cap feel about his promise after some time had passed?
Cap cursed the load, he lothed it, seemed to become heaier and heavier like it was growing
- What happened to Cap’s sled dogs? How did this make things worse for Cap?
They started howling round in a ring and running out of grub
- Why was Cap unable to cremate Sam’s remains in the wilderness?
He was unable to cremate Sam’s last remains in the wilderness because Sam didn’t want an icy cold grave.
- Where did Cap ultimately cremate Sam’s remains?
He cremated Sam at lake lebarge
- Hours after placing Sam’s body in the boiler, Cap looked inside. What did he see?
he saw Sam smiling and in the cold .
CRITICAL THINKING :
- You know that theme is the message the author wants you, the reader, to walk away from this poem with. What is the message/theme Robert Service is trying to share with you? Be able to support your theme with evidence from the poem.
Friendship is a lot of responsibility.
- What does this passage mean to you, “In the days to come, though my lips were dumb, in my heart how I cursed that load!”
I think this means that Sam was cold , his lips were getting frozen and he was losing hope.
- In your opinion, why didn’t Cap go back on his promise? Sam would have never known!
Cap didn’t went to his promise because he had responsibilities to Sam.
- What really happened when Cap opened that boiler? Did he really see the ghost of Sam? Was he hallucinating? What do you think, and why do you think this?
His imagination showed him Sam but was not true.