2019 – 2020 Course Outline
In this course students will be required to demonstrate the ability to effectively apply and implement digital technologies, digital tools, and digital skills, to successfully complete specific goals and school based projects. The primary goal of this course is to provide students with a foundational digital skill set to become digitally literate citizens, and have these students provide support and training to staff, students and the community regarding digital literacies, and the importance of leaving a positive digital footprint. Student’s will be involved in inquiry based projects and school wide programs, with the goal of enhancing and strengthening the digital culture of Riverside. Furthermore, students will be provided opportunities to actively engage, mentor, and educate our students, staff and community on various topics related to becoming a digitally fluent community.
The Tech Team will formally meet once a week at lunch. The time will be flexible, and adapt to students schedules. Generally, Tuesday’s at lunch in room 222.
The Wave Schedule: Click Here (View Only – Check email for editable link)
- Explain what a digital footprint is, analyze their own personal digital footprint, understand the importance of leaving a positive digital footprint
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively apply and understand a strong digital skill set
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively apply and implement digital technologies
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and control the inquiry based process to successfully complete a school based project
Digital Volunteer Work 30%
- Students are expected to contribute and document 20 hours of volunteer time towards this course. The volunteer work must specifically relate to the development of students, staff and the community with technology.
Team / Individual Project 40%
- Students must work independently or in a group to complete a school based project that will enhance the digital capacity and culture of our school. Students must complete 4 thorough reflections. These reflections must document, through picture and video evidence, of the work you are doing.
Additional Projects and Assignment 30%
- Additional reflections and assignments will be provided
- Be on time
- Be prepared for each class. We will not meet often, therefore it is essential to be prepared when we do meet.
- Meet timeline and due dates. Due to the nature of this class, students must be responsible for meeting deadlines.
- A willingness to try new things and push yourself to the limits.
- A willingness to find solutions to problems, and see barriers as an opportunity.
Handouts, notes, and the course schedule will be posted on my blog. It is the student’s responsibility to make up for missed classes and to be prepared for upcoming activities. This course will require a sound work ethic and a great deal of dedication by the student.