Learn Office 365
Step 1: Login in activate your account
Click Here – This will take you to the Riverside homepage, look at the top right hand corner of the website, there is an Office 365 Login button.
Username: Your SD43 email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: Your SD43 password
Step 2: Take a look at all of the programs you have access to. Office 365 is a cloud based tool (tool that provides shared processing resources and data to computers and other devices on line). You have 1 TB of cloud based storage. You can access your files anytime and anywhere.
Sharing / Collaborating Online
- Invite People – Using Email Addresses – Shared with Me Folder
- Get a Shared Link to Share on Your Website
- Require a Sign In / Send and Email Notification
- Get the one drive app (located in the bottom left hand corner), if you already have it you don’t need it! You may be prompted to update your OneDrive. Do it to OneDrive Professional for school and business purpose.
- The bottom right hand side of your screen will prompt you to add your information to begin the process.
- OneDrive Support – https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-ca/support/
Step 3: Over the next 8 weeks, your task is to play and learn the different features of Office 365. Use the OneDrive, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Video and Sway. Attempt to use these programs in classes where they naturally fit. Your are the testers of Office 365. I need you to review the programs, and communicate the pros and cons of the program. Push the program to the limits.
Step 4: Answer the following questions thoroughly, adding personal insight using your experience, in a blog post.
a) What do you think of Office 365?
b) Why do you think that?
c) What are the strengths of this program?
d) What are the weakness of this program?
e) How can this program be used in a classroom setting to enhance student learning?
f) What suggestions do you have to improve the program?
g) Do you have any questions about the program?
Step 5: Post to Your Blog
Category: Tech Team
Tag: O365 Review
Due Date: December 1st
Assessment: 0365 Review Rubric