Your job is to set up your blog, create the category titled tech team, and alter the design of your blog. Your blogs will be used to interact with the course content, and for assessment. We want your blogs to showcase the school, and illustrate the power of our blogging culture. Essentially, make this blog your own, design it, create it, and play with it so, it is personalized for you.
Part #1 Create a Tech Team Category
Step 1: Go to www.myriverside.sd43.bc.ca Step 2: Login to your blog Step 3: Add a Tech Team Category a) Go to posts b) Go to categories c) Create a category Name – Tech Team Slug – DO NOTHING Parent – The Grade You are In Click – Add New Category d) Go to Appearance e) Go to Menus f) Add the Tech Team Category to the Menu, drag it to where you want it in your blog, click update.
Part #2 Use the Divi Builder Plugin
Part A – Get the Plugin
Step 1: Go to plugins
Step 2: Activate the DiVi builder
Part B – Play with Divi Design
Step 1: Watch the Divi builder tutorial video
- What are sections (blue) , rows (aqua) and modules (grey)?
- What are pre-created designs?
Step 2: Play with Sections
- Take a look at the various types of sections: regular, specialty and full width sections
- Lets focus on the full width sections
- Try the various modules and features that are available
- Play and explore with the various features in the modules: transition, color, shadows, images, videos, etc…
Homework Using your About Me Page, use the Divi Builder to create a personalized design. You may use a pre-set one if you choose. You must create a full-width section, using a module of your choice, for the top of your About Me Page. Explore the features in this module, and personalize it for your website. You are only working with the full-width section and exploring a specific module of your choice.
DiVi Design Assignment
Step 1: Research About Me Pages
- Look at a variety of pages (travel blogs, help blogs etc)
- See what you like and what you dislike about specific pages
- How does it look?
- Is it easy to navigate?
- Is it personal?
- Is it visual?
- Is it interesting?
- Make notes about things you will want to use when you design your about me page
Step 2: Customize Your Theme and About Me Page using the Divi plugin
- Using the information you have researched and the time spent playing with the DiVi builder. You will design either an orginial About Me Page or a different page in your blog
- Personalise the design, color, look and feel of the page
- Think about adding pictures, videos and other media
- Think about adding a quote
- Think about adding a tag cloud or post slider, so your most recent things can be viewed to showcase work that you want visited
DiVi Review Assignment
Step 1: Answer the Following Questions on a Word Document
- What are the strengths? Things you found useful, fun, applicable?
- What are the weaknesses? Things you found could be improved, challenging, not useful?
- How can this plugin be used in a classroom setting to enhance student learning? Would you use it and/or recommend it?
Step 2: Submit
- Copy and paste the URL of your Edublog page into the MS teams assignments
- Attach the word document with the answers to your questions into the MS teams assignments