Physicall Fitness and Healthy Lifestyle
– Students will be able to describe the benefits of active living, and the potential consequences of an inactive lifestyle.
– Students will be able to analyse the relationship between personal nutritional choices and participation in physical activity.
– Students will be able to create a personal statement about the importance of active living.
1) Complete the Fantastic Lifestyle Checklists
Use this checklist to begin thinking about the relationship between their lifestyle choices and their health.
2) Complete the Stress Questionairre
Click Here (SparkPeople)
Click Here (Greater Good)
Use these quizzes to think about the negative impacts of stress, what causes stress, what are some easy ways to reduce stress in your life (sleep, eating properly, organising your time, exercising, having someone to talk to, focussing on your priorities)
3) Why is Active Living Important
In a group of 3-4, discuss the following:
a) What is active living
b) What are some of the positive factors for living actively
c) What are some of the negative factors for living actively
d) Read over 28 Reasons to be Physically Active:
– Choose the 3 most important reasons to be physcially healthy and explain your reasons to the group
– Choose 2 reasons that you just learned were benefits from being physcially active