Complete ALL of the following using quotes from the links provided below:
- Find evidence that reveals how happy soldiers were being in the war.
- What evidence do soldiers provide that reveals why they are fighting or what they are fighting for?
- What seems to be the morale of the soldiers during the different battles?
- How would you summarize Canada’s role over these major battles? (continuity or change?)
- Sudbury, John P. Letter: 1916 July 13th
- Kempling, George Hedley Diary Link 1, Link 2
- Winterbottom, Sydney Amyas Letter: 1916 September 16th
- Bell, William Henry Letter: 1917 April 7th
- Cobourg World Letter: 1917 May 11th
- Cobourg World Letter: 1915 April 9th
- Armstrong, Roy Clarence Letter: 1917 October 24th
- Decoteau, Alexander Letter: 1917 September 10th
- Wilson, Andrew Diary: 1917 November 10th Link 1, Link 2
Would you like us to quote as we had done in our essay and attach the questions/answers as a Word document?
For this one, you can just list the quotes. But give a couple sentences afterwards as a conclusion about your quotes. Question #4 doesn’t need quotes, it’s just an overall assessment of the situation based on what you’ve learned.
Wait for the quotes do you need one from each battle (one from Ypres, Sommes, Vimy, and Passchendaele) for every question?
I would say it’s up to you, whatever you can find. The more of a survey you can do of the different battles, the better your understanding will be.
Do you want us to answer questions 1, 2, 3, and 4 in paragraphs using the quotes or do you want us to answer the questions in point form with some quotes that we found? Of course they would both be referenced.
For #1-3, you could provide the quotes, then give a conclusion as to what you found in a couple sentences. #4 will need a paragraph.
Oh and for #4, it’s more like your conclusion for the whole lesson, you don’t need quotes for that one.