a) Download the Cypress Hiking Map
b) Figure out the following:
- What are the contour intervals of this map?
- What is the scale ratio of the printed map?
- What kind of valley does Cypress Bowl sit in?
- What kind of valley does the Trans Canada Trail go around?
- What is the highest elevation the ski lifts can take you to?
- What is the approximate elevation of the top of Raven Ridge chair lift? (figure out the partial elevation)
- Create a profile drawing of a straight line from the bottom of Eagle Express chair lift to Eagle Bluff.
- Find the slope of each section of your profile drawing.
- Which slope is steeper, western cliff of Eagle Bluff or western cliff of Donut Rock? What are the two slopes and what is the difference?
- Rank the trails based on difficulty: Baden-Powell Trail, Trans Canada Trail, Old Strachan Trail, Hollyburn Mountain Trail, Howe Sound Crest Trail, Sunset Trail
- How would you define location vs place regarding this map?