These were the questions I made for the group, but we ran out of time and could only answer four of the questions.
- How has the main character’s family impacted their lives?
- If you were in the main characters shoes, how do you identify with the main character?
- How would you define the main characters identity?
- What connections have you made from the main character that can relate to the author’s life experiences?
- What conflicts so far have made the main character question their own identity, similar to the short story “The Name Jar”?
- From the characters we have talked about today, what are the differences and similarities of how the main character’s environment made an affect on their lives?
Why do we have to know the historical background on novels.
The historical background on novels can justify the authors text and give the reader greater understanding of the novel. Knowing what events are happening throughout the novel can help the reader make connections to their life. Big historical events cause great effect to people’s life’s, they can change the way people think around the world and be the reason for many different emotions. The author may write the book baced on the historical background in his life.