I used an apple, banana, avocado, and a carrot.
- Which fruit will produce the most electric voltage?
- What kind of circuit will produce electron flow in your fruit/vegetable cell?
A closed circuit will produce electron flow.
- If your bulb doesn’t glow, how can you find out if electrons are flowing?
By using the voltmeter.
- If your bulb doesn’t glow, why not?
There was not enough electricity going through the fruit. Our bulb was 1.5V, while the highest a fruit got to was 0.6V.
- How can we modify our experiment to improve our results?
We could have used a lower voltage bulb, and then see how bright it becomes.
- What is causing electrons to flow in this experiment?
The fruit is powering a completed circuit.
- How can I use this in my everyday life?
If you are ever desperate for light and happen to have 7.5 apples on you, you could power the bulb.