This course will focus on a variety of fields in the world of computer design. The course involves the student in 3D printing, hand sketching, architectural/interior design and modeling, 3D prototyping, animation software, video-game design, coding, and much more! Drafting 10 will introduce you to the world of the future. Projects become very personal as you independently design your own creative impressions of tomorrow’s society. Our goal is to provide you with REAL world experience. We will focus on the Engineering Process of Design and how it is used to tackle design problems.
- SAFETY is always the most important factor in education. There will be times when tools/machinery is used and it is crucial to ensure that you are properly instructed when using said tools. Furthermore, we like to ensure that all students feel safe in our classroom. There is no tolerance for physically/emotionally harmful behaviour
- RESPECT is a two way street. Respect the teacher and your peers as you would like to be respected in return
- Projects must be SAVED regularly. If the PC crashes your files may be erased unless saved frequently. SAVE IT OR LOSE IT. I am not responsible for any lost projects.
- EVERY student must participate in clean up. Respect the class you are in. If I don’t see you cleaning I will assign you a cleaning task
- To get everyone’s attention I will use a countdown method. From 5-1 students should become silent and turn towards me. Sometimes I may also use the whistle
- Devices may only be used at appropriate times, or they will be confiscated until the end of class
- Everyone is to try their best. If you are not working to the best of your abilities, the teacher has the right to move you to a more suitable seat in the classroom. Further action may result if there is no improvement.
- Be nice
- Be on time
- Try your best
- Clean up after yourself and others
- Planning and problem solving
- Creative and critical thinking
- Designing skills
- Modern software utilization
- Technical competence
- Pencil crayons
- Glue sticks
Grading will be based on the following three criteria:
- 10% Employability skills
- 20% Assignments
- 20% Labs
- 50% Projects
I can be contacted through email and will usually respond within 24 hours. Parents/guardians play a big role in your education process. They will be contacted within the first week in order to establish a line of communication.