What questions did you need to research in order to research your topic? My questions are:
- what do we see the universe as?
- what do we understand about the Big Bang?
- How did the Big Bang affect the universe?
- Any evidence that the Big Bang created impact to our universe?
What new or familiar digital tools did you try to use as you worked through this project?
- I am actually new to using EBSCO and Destiny search engines because I normally use Google. These new two search engines actually helped me a lot because the sources that I found from there were very credible – which there was no random ads and such. Furthermore, the sources that I found from these tools were educational and informative unlike in Google, some sources that I looked into are general answers and aren’t in-depth. But with EBSCO and Destiny, I was able to find some information that helped me with my inquiry question.
What was the process you used to investigate the topic?
- I started by gathering information through looking up on Google, EBSCO, and Destiny. During this process, I had to make sure the sites that I’m going to gather information are credible, in-depth, and educational. After I have gathered 5 different sources, I used the research template that my teacher provided on OneNote as my guideline to make the process easier and organized. Additionally, I gathered information that answers my small questions that I made that would help me find answers to my BIG question. With the research template, I was able to collect info from the sources that I’ve chosen then I just took down notes so I can easily comprehend the information.
How did you verify and cite the information you found?
- I verified the information that I found: I checked by URLs that are :gov/ :org/ and :edu because I think these articles are published by professionals with regards to science. Furthermore, I checked to see if the sources have random ads or not which helped me find our if the sites are credible or not. I cited the sources that I found by using a citation machine http://citationmachine.net/items and my cited sources are in MLA format.
- How did the process of completing this challenge go? What could have you done better?
- I find this project hard with the research process because I had to make sure the sources that I’d use are credible and relevant to my topic. Also, I had a bit of a hard time putting the PowerPoint altogether because I had to make it well-organized and concise. I could’ve done better by adding more images that would have helped the readers visualize what I’m trying to share in my presentation. Furthermore, I could’ve delivered my information to my peer better by presenting it with more images as well as making it easier for them to comprehend with what I was trying to say. But overall, I enjoyed doing this project because I learned a lot about the origin of the universe that made sense theoretically. Additionally, the research template that I used during the process helped me a lot because I was more organized and I had a guide that helped me save time putting my presentation together.