One thing I was disliking about the game I was making was it’s style! It was far too basic for me and I wanted my levels to become much more exploration based, and for there to be more going on at the screen! So I had scrapped or tweaked around 80% of my levels! I’m personally happy with the changes I made because the game is now much more enjoyable and different from other platformers! Here is the full changelog for the last month:
- Scrapped or tweaked 80% of my levels to make them more unique, exploration based, and less empty!
- Redone the tilesets for Worlds 1 & 2! They are now more colorful and less muddy!
- World 1 is now World 2! World 2 is now World 1!
- Added flags which touching them will save which level you are in!
- HEAVILY optimised the game!
It now runs around 15-20% faster!(EDIT: I tested this on a slower computer! It now runs 25% faster)!
- Added new fade effects when entering and exiting the levels!
- Redone the smoke particles the player makes when sprinting! They are now animated!
- Added environment to the game such as birds, and fish in the water to make the game feel much less lifeless!
- Fixed the Airmeter when swimming! It now counts down correctly!
I want to have a new demo up soon presenting some of the design changes but for now I have some neat videos showing off the level design process of the game:
Here is a save area:
And here is a full level:
Look inside the descriptions of the videos with timestamps of what I’m doing currently!
Here is a brand new Demo of my game:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10
- 512MB RAM
- 128MB graphics
In other words, just about nothing!
If you find any bugs or errors, please notify me immediately!
Thanks for reading!